Monday, February 16, 2009

"Tony," "Pointy," and "O"

The three stooges. Our beautiful stooges. Here's an update...

Eli, the billionaire-industrialist-playboy (he's still somewhat obsessed with Iron Man, hence the Tony Stark reference), is potty-trained...has been for about a month now. Thankfully, the fire hose isn't that big yet nor the stream too powerful because he doesn't quite grasp that he'll need to eventually hold onto things down there. We're going to institute some games of skill into the potty routine like "Bulls-Eye" with cheerios and "Shoot the Fly/Cigarette Butt" when going in public toilets. We have applied to a school for Eli, but there isn't an opening until August. In the meantime, we're looking for other options. Julie is enjoying her time at home with him, but Eli really needs a pal his own age.

Alise, AKA "Pointy," has a full head of hair forever at attention. She's made the transition officially from ball o' cuddle to interactive baby...she talks and coos, giggles, and rolls over. She could watch Eli and Olivia play and laugh all day long, and they always bring a smile to her face. We're spoiling her, as we have the other two, and we'll no doubt pay. I'll no doubt pay.

O-o-o-o-o-livia!! She is beautiful and stubborn and dramatic...bright and creative and emotional. She's adjusting better, has made some friends at school, and has a few playdates scheduled. She's learning tons at school, and really seems to be enjoying things now, for the most part. She's prone to tantrums that can last hours...and she defines "fickle." But beautiful...so amazing.

We took a road-trip to Jaipur over the long weekend and have a couple hundred pictures to show for it (and I'm willing to bet the camel gave me fleas). I will update the blog with Tales from Jaipur shortly.

Delhi...OUT!!

3 comments:

Anne said...

I can't believe how big Alise has gotten! so sad....
Is Eli standing to pee? Kudos to you if so! We had to bribe Jude to try that one! Quinn started that way though....BUt being your only boy I have to say I am impressed...and all before he's 3!
That tantrum thing is a Turner trait apparently....talk to dad about it:)

Channing said...

I love pix and updates on the kiddos, of course. What blessings. Give them all (and Jules) a hug from me! You can give yourself a hug from me, too, I guess. : )

Anonymous said...

Owen...I love reading your blog! I can hear you as I read. The part on Eli made me laugh....I miss you guys! Also I can relate to Alise's hair issues...did you ever see mine when I was little? Looked like I stuck my finger in a socket!